How to configure a universal TV remote control?
Do you want to configure a universal controller without going crazy? You have landed in the right place.
Universal remotes make our lives easier and have been a breakthrough in the world of remote control, especially in homes where there are more and more gadgets.
For less geeky people, setting up a universal controller can be a bitter pill to swallow.
Therefore, in this Culturasonora article we are going to show you how to configure a universal control, depending on the model you have selected.
But before you get started, make sure that the controller has batteries in it and that the device you want to pair the universal remote with is turned on.
Wouldn’t you be the first to throw the controller out of the window in despair over a glitch like that?
How to configure an RCA universal remote control?
RCAs are the most common remotes on the market. If you are wondering how to configure a universal TV control? follow these steps:
- Press and release the button corresponding to the component you are programming. For example, if you want to set up a universal remote with a TV, then look on the remote for the button that says TV on the top of the remote, press it and release it. The ON/OFF button will illuminate and should remain lit.
- Once this is done, simultaneously press and hold the component button on the controller and the on/off button. The light on the controller will turn off and on immediately. At this point release the buttons. The lights on the controller should remain on.
- Press and release the play button on the remote control. If the component does not turn off within five seconds, repeat the process every five seconds until the component turns off.
- Once the component is turned off, press the reverse button to turn the device back on. If it does not turn on, repeat the process every three seconds until it does.
- Press and release the Stop button to save the programming of the connected device in the memory of the universal remote control.
- Repeat steps 1 to 5 each time you want to synchronize a new device with the universal remote control. That’s it: this is what you need to know to answer the question How to program RCA universal control?
How to set up a universal control by automatic code search?
Versions of universal TV remotes that include this feature make the process of setting up universal control much easier.
It is the ideal option to configure universal control without code (in case the remote control does not have this function, you must configure it manually).
- Identify the version of the universal remote control by removing the back cover and batteries from the wireless controller. It is usually specified on a label.
- Press and hold the set or prog button (depending on the case) for four seconds and then press the button located on the remote control of the device you want to synchronize.
- Press the power button and wait for the device to turn off. In case you have V1, V2 or V3 of the universal remote control and if you are programming a DVD player, you can select the play button and wait for the device to play.
- After two seconds press the power or play button, depending on the situation. If it does not turn off, keep trying until the device does.
- Press the Ok or Enter button to save the configuration in the V1 controller. For V2, V3 or V4 controls you must press the button for two seconds. If you followed all the steps correctly then the red light should turn off, indicating that the universal remote programming process is complete.
How to configure a universal TV control by manually entering the code?
- Remove the cover and batteries from the universal remote control. Note the label with the model number on it.
- Locate or download the code list for your universal remote model and use the code corresponding to the device to set up universal control (whether it is a Samsung, Lg, Philips, Logitech universal remote).
- Press and hold the set or prog button for four seconds until the indicator light turns red. In some models you must hold down a button called code search until the process is finished.
- Press the button located on the remote control of the device you want to program.
- Enter the device code, if correct the red light should turn off.
- Press the power button, if the device turns off then you have successfully configured it.
If you want to see in a better way how to perform the steps on how to configure a universal control we leave you a video that explains it quite well:
As you can see, it is not at all difficult to configure a universal remote control, all you have to do is follow the steps in an orderly fashion. Patience: you are going to make it without any problem.
If you have any questions, leave us a comment and we will try to help you as soon as possible.
We recommend you to visit our guide on how to connect TV headphones, set up a home theater system and our Home Cinema section. There you will find in-depth reviews of the best equipment on the market.