How to listen radio with Bluetooth headphones? Discover all the methods
Listening the radio with Bluetooth headphones can be difficult. Some phones integrate the FM radio application, but many do not. This is because the infrastructure is complex.
This can be annoying for several people. Most users purchase a smartphone to chat with WhatsApp, take photos and check social networks.
That said, many want to listen to the radio with Bluetooth headphones. How to use the radio with Bluetooth headphones? In this article we tell you about all the options.
Is it possible to listen to the mobile radio with Bluetooth headphones?
On most modern smartphones you can only listen to the radio with a wired headset, as the headphones themselves serve as an antenna.
If you do not insert the cable into the port, the system simply blocks the radio program. How to listen to the radio with wireless headphones? Don’t worry, in this article we will introduce you to a couple of methods you can use to enjoy FM radio with your wireless headphones.
How to listen to the radio with Bluetooth headphones?
First, you need to connect headphones to the 3.5mm port. This is because the cable serves as an extension of your phone’ s internal antenna.
Without connecting headphones to the port, you will not be able to listen to music or anything else. How to listen to FM radio with Bluetooth headphones? You need to follow these steps:
- Navigate to configuration.
- Then go to the devices option.
- There you should be able to get your headphones in sync. If not, reset them.
- Once this is done, activate the headset from Bluetooth.
- You should hear a sound indicating a successful connection.
- Then open the FM radio application to listen radio with Bluetooth headphones.
The only problem with this method is that you cannot disconnect your other headphones connected to the 3.5mm port. If you do so, the connection will be lost and you will not be able to hear anything.
How to listen radio with Android devices?
This option is ideal for wireless headsets connected to Android devices that integrate the radio function. Wired headphones are also required.
With this method you will be using the normal Android radio application. The wired headphones will serve as an antenna and the sound output will be transmitted via Bluetooth with an additional program.
How to listen to the radio with Bluetooth headphones? To do so, follow the steps below:
- Connect the Bluetooth headset to the device.
- The sound of the radio program will go to the wired headphones. To avoid this, we recommend downloading the MonoBluetooth Router application. It works with any firmware and will send the sound to the wireless headphones.
- Insert the plug of the wired headphones into the 3.5mm jack.
- Open the radio application. After these steps, you will be able to enjoy the radio with your Bluetooth headset.
How to listen radio with wireless headphones if the device does not support the function?
- This method is ideal when your Android device does not have the firmware to listen to FM radio. This option also requires a connection to the 3.5mm jack. That said, we have to warn you that it does not work with all phones. How to listen to FM on a cell phone with Bluetooth headphones? Follow these steps:
- Download and open the Spirit1: RealFM Radio app from Google Play (it’s paid, although you can also find it for free on online forums).
- After launching the app, go to the tool icon.
- Choose configuration and then audio.
- Now you need to select the settings for your phone in Method. Try to find your model or experiment with similar ones to achieve a good performance. Then return to the main page.
- If you hear a hissing sound, this means that the chosen settings are working properly with the device. You can then tune in and listen to the radio with Bluetooth headsets, even if your phone does not have the function integrated.
How to connect wireless headphones to a DAB radio?
To achieve a wireless connection, you can purchase an affordable Bluetooth transmitter and connect it to the DAB headphone port to listen radio with wireless headphones.
If you are looking to purchase a new DAB, make sure it has a headphone port, as some models do not.
As for Bluetooth transmitters, there are several excellent and inexpensive models.
We recommend you to check our comparison of the best Bluetooth audio receivers.
We hope this information will enable you to listen to the radio with Bluetooth headphones.
We present different methods that can help you, even if your devices do not have the firmware or the FM radio function.
You need wired headphones to listen to music with wireless headphones, so it’s not very comfortable. If you want to listen to the radio we recommend purchasing a DAB and a Bluetooth transmitter to listen to the radio with Bluetooth headphones.
You can also get information about: Bluetooth Headset How does it work? and Why won’t my Bluetooth headset connect?